Aleksandar Davić, great friend and artist
Aleksandar Davić was born in 1961 in Novi Sad, Serbia (former Yugoslavia). He studied film and theater directing at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad. He has directed music and experimental video works and documentaries. His feature film “The Party” won the award for best screenplay in Serbia in 2005. He is an associate professor at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad and a professor of Digital Video at Interdisciplinary studies University of Arts in Belgrade.
He was a long-term associate and friend of Videomedeja, a member of the selection committee and the art board of the Videomedeja Association.
Dobro veče (Good evening), prod. Magic Box, 1996
Aleksandar Davić with artistic association Apsolutno.
dir Aleksandar Davic DAVIC PRODUCTION (2012)
A story about an unusual break-up.
Cast: Milos Vojnovic, Milica Grujicic, Ervin Hadzimurtezic, Nenad Pecinar
Seventeen year old Milan is one of the world's top young soccer players. Trying to protect him from preying agents will unite his divorced parents.
Short film directed by Aleksandar Davic, DAVIC PRODUCTION 2015, Serbia
Mrtvi putuju (The Travelling Of The Dead), prod. urbaNS, 2001
Director: Aleksandar Davic
During the NATO bombing police finds a truck full of corpses in Lake Djerdap, Serbia.
Kazna i sloboda (Punishment and Freedom), prod. TVNS, 1991.
Director: Aleksandar Davic aleksandardavic.net
Conceptual artist Miroslav Mandić.
Ove noge nisu male / Putting our best foot forward prod. radioB92
Director: Aleksandar Davic with Tolnai Szabolc and Nenad Milosevic
During the 1996/97 protests in Serbia a group of 200 students walked from Novi Sad to Belgrade to support students and citizens of capital.
255 pogodaka, 1999, NATO bombing of Novi Sad's Refinery
Director: Aleksandar Davic
My Spain / Španija Koste Nađa, prod TVNS, 1986
Directed: Aleksandar Davic
Documentary film: Kosta Nadj, officer of the International Brigades, defended Spanish Republic until the bitter end.
Dokumentarni film: Kosta Nađ, oficir internacionalnih brigada, branio je republikansku Španiju do kraja. aleksandar
Poslednja dadaistička predstava, prod. TVNS, 1992.
Režija: Aleksandar Davić
Impossible-Made in Serbia II, prod. Studio B and Idea Plus, 1994
Aleksandar Davić with artistic group FIA
Absolutely dead, prod. Digitel studio, 1995
Aleksandar Davić with artistic association Apsolutno
Očevidac (Eyewitness), prod. RadioB92, 1996.
Directed: Aleksandar Davić.
This is not original video. This video is without music (the original has audio part the whole time).
- My Spain, documentary, prod. TVNS, 1986
- Clients, documentary, prod. TVNS, 1987
- New Year’s Train, documentary, prod. TVNS, 1988
- Northern border without a number, documentary, prod. TVNS, 1989
- Dunafalvi March, documentary, prod. Terra Film, 1990
- Prince of Chaos, music video, prod. 3P, 1990
- Punishment and Freedom, documentary, prod. TVNS, 1991
- Garden, experimental film, prod. TVNS, 1991
- The Last Dada Performance, video art, prod. TVNS, 1992
- Impossible Made in Serbia I(with FIA), video art, prod. MS Pentagram, 1993
- Impossible Made in Serbia II(with FIA), video art, prod. Studio B, Idea Plus, 1994
- Absolutely Dead(with APSOLUTNO), video art, prod. Digitel Studio, 1995
- Eyewitness, video art, prod. RadioB92, 1996
- A Look At The Wall, documentary, prod. RadioB92, 1996
- Good Evening(with APSOLUTNO), video art, prod. Magic Box, 1996
- Putting Our Best Foot Forward, documentary, prod. RadioB92, 1997
- 255 Hits, documentary, prod. Aleksandar Davić, 1999
- Under The Authority Of The Police, documentary, prod. urbaNS, 2001
- The Travelling Of The Dead, documentary, prod. urbaNS, 2001
- The Party, feature film, prod. Arbos, 2004
- NS Roulette, short fiction, prod. Davic production, 2012
- The Golden Boy, short fiction, prod. Davic production, 2015
- Authors’ Award and Critics’ Award, Yugoslav TV Festival Neum in 1991 forPunishment and Freedom
- Special Award for Experimental Video, Yugoslav Festival of Short and Documentary Film/Video Belgrade in 1994 forImpossible Made in Serbia II
- Golden Prize of Belgrade for Best Experimental Video, Yugoslav Festival of Short and Documentary Film/Video Belgrade in 1996 forEyewitness
- Special Award of Magazine Gazeta Wyborcza, Media Art Biennale WRO97, Wroclaw, Poland in 1997 forEyewitness
- Special Prize, Dokufest Prizren in 2003 forThe Travelling Of The Dead
- Best Screenplay Award, Screenplay Festival Vrnjačka Banja, Serbia in 2005 forThe Party
- Best Film Award, Festival du Film Serbe, Paris, France in 2006 forThe Party