June 15th 2023
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
THEME AND FORM
Like previous years Video Art Association VIDEOMEDEJA is looking for new art works from the next category and audio-visual media:
- SCREENING: video art, short films, digital animations
- MEDIA PROJECT: media installations, interventions in the exhibition space, advanced technologies in artistic practice, interactive visual art, XR (eXtended Reality), AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), MR (mixed reality), robotic objects, net and social media projects, Metaverse, audiovisual performances and experiments, AI art
In addition, we would be very pleased to receive suggestions from editors and producers / distributors for the non-competitive part of the program.
There are no fixed criteria concerning work theme or form. The only works that selection committee will not consider are the ones containing any kind of offensive or aggressive message/content. The submitted works should be produced in 2020, 2021 or 2022.
The selection committee will consider submitted applications and works that meet all the stated formal requirements and general conditions of the competition and will include those selected in two selections, INTERNATIONAL SELECTION and NATIONAL SELECTION.
Criteria and method of selection for the INTERNATIONAL SELECTION from the categories PROJECTIONS AND MEDIA PROJECTS:
* quality, originality, authenticity of the topic, content and form
* substantive and/or formal innovation of the work
* experimentalism and examination of the environment and standard norms
* use of new technologies in work and/or presentation
* interaction and impact on the individual and society
* professional and technical capacities required for the presentation of work
* economy and easy transportation of equipment and work
All submitted works as well as works produced in Serbia are selected for the INTERNATIONAL SELECTION. For the NATIONAL SELECTION from the "Made in Serbia" category, the selection committee selects only works that were submitted and produced in Serbia and which were not selected for the INTERNATIONAL SELECTION.
Please note that we accept only online-based previews (you tube, vimeo or similar). No snail mail sending option.
COSTS AND PARTICIPATION
Submission through our online Entry form on Videomedeja website require donation.
* Basic donation - 5 €
* Standard donation - 10 €
* Advanced donation - 15 €
* Fee Waiver: The festival offers the possibility to apply without a donation for artists who have had more than 3 works at the previous editions of the Videomedeja Festival or for countries where International and PayPal payments have been blocked. You need to send a request to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, specify the name of the work and the year of the festival edition or send us an official link where it is confirmed that your country have blocked International and PayPal payments.
Due to the limited budget, we can’t provide screening fees or cover the travel expenses for the participants. In some cases the Festival is able to provide accommodation in Novi Sad for participants who wish to attend if they send request at least one month before start of the Festival.
Selection committee will make the final selection no later than September 1st 2023 and will inform you immediately upon doing so through temporary entry mailing list where you automatically subscribe by entering the form. If you wish to subscribe to newsletter mailing list, you can do that through contact page on our website https://videomedeja.org/sign-up-for-newsletter/?lang=en If your work is selected for the competition program, we might request a digital file of the screening copy from you.
COPYRIGHTS AND ARCHIVE
This part applies only to works and selections selected for the Videomedeja 2023 program. No other entries are included in the festival archive, neither are they presented at the Videomedeja website or considered for broadcasting or tour programs. By submitting your work for the festival program you agree that preview of your work will remain in the festival archive. The Archive is our institutional property and only used for internal purposes and only available to the Videomedeja curators. You agree that your work (or program) will be included in the 27. Videomedeja program: screenings/media projects 2023, in the printed catalogue, in Videomedeja promo video (10-15 sec of each work) as well as in the Videomedeja web pages within its database listings, represented by the title, author’s name, format data, description text and still image.
You agree that your work can be used according to your permit as submitted in the Entry form.
All works selected by the selection committee and according to the categories for which they were selected compete for the award: INTERNATIONAL SELECTION and NATIONAL SELECTION.
For awards from the NATIONAL SELECTION, all works that are in the festival program, participate not only from the Made in Serbia category, regardless of which category they are in and they were produced in Serbia. A work that was produced in Serbia and won the Videomedeja Award in the INTERNATIONAL SELECTION cannot also win the award in the NATIONAL SELECTION.
* International Jury Award: Videomedeja Award - 1000€ + digital diploma + publicity
The Videomedeja Award is for the best work, for creativity, innovation and artistic value.
* International Jury Award: Special Mention - digital diploma + publicity
* Audience Award: digital diploma + publicity
* Selection committee Award: Bogdanka Poznanović Award - Digital diploma + publicity
The Bogdanka Poznanović Award is for the best work produced in Serbia.
Publicity: publication and promotion of awarded works and authors in electronic and printed media, as well as on portals and social platforms. The news about the awarded works is sent to over 500 e-mails of local and foreign media.
The awards are announced publicly on the last day of the festival, the invoice for the monetary award must be sent no later than one month after the notification. After this deadline, prize will not be realized.
Please use one application per entry piece. Each entry is a sort of agreement and it is necessary to follow the submission procedure.