27th VIDEOMEDEJA ENTRIES
This year, it is new that donations are required when registering for the International New Media Art Festival Videomedeja, and this is significant because the collected money is used for the prize money. The awards at the festival have also been somewhat changed, so now there is the first prize Videomedeja Award for the best work, the Bogdanka Poznanović Award for the best work made in Serbia, as well as the Special Mentions and Audience Award.
The first prize, Videomedeja Award is of great importance to the artists participating in the festival, as it represent recognition for their work and contribution to video art and new media. In addition, the Videomedeja prize money represents financial support that can help artists further develop their creativity. Bogdanka Poznanović Award for the best work made in Serbia is especially important for local artists, as it gives them the opportunity to present themselves to the public and professionals, but also to receive encouragement for further work. Special Mention and Audience Award are also important because they show that the artwork has an impact on the audience and that it has succeeded in conveying a message or evoking an emotional response.
Donations are required for International New Media Art Festival Videomedeja Entries.
Regular Deadline April 1st till June 15th
* Basic donation - 5 €
* Standard donation - 10 €
* Advanced donation - 15 €
* Fee Waiver: The festival offers the possibility to apply without a donation for artists who have had more than 3 works at the previous editions of the Videomedeja Festival or for countries where International and PayPal payments have been blocked. You need to send a request to the email: email@example.com, specify the name of the work and the year of the festival edition or send us an official link where it is confirmed that your country have blocked International and PayPal payments.
Extended Deadline from June 16th till July 15th
* Extended donation - 30 €
* No Fee Waivers
Please select an amount you can afford and donate through our donation form. You will receive a link with the application to your email address that you registered during the donation, check your inbox or SPAM folder.
An artist can submit multiple works, but must fill out a new Entry Form for each work.
The competition program is open to various forms of creative artistic expression and communication with electronic media completed after January 1st, 2021
- SCREENINGS: video art, short films, digital animations (fill out the Entry Form for Screenings)
- MEDIA PROJECTS: media installations, interventions in the exhibition space, advanced technologies in artistic practice, interactive visual art, XR (eXtended Reality), AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), MR (mixed reality), robotic objects, net and social media projects, Metaverse, audiovisual performances and experiments, AI art (fill out the Media Projects Entry Form)
The program focuses on art projects that use new media for artistic expression and communication, and have a wide range of genres and forms that combine images and sound, advanced communication, objects, in a symbiotic or avant-garde style.
One best work is selected from both categories: Screenings and Media Projects.
-International Jury Award: Videomedeja Award - 1000€ + digital diploma + publicity
The Videomedeja Award is for the best work, for creativity, innovation and artistic value.
-International Jury Award: Special Mention - digital diploma + publicity
-Audience Award: digital diploma + publicity
-Selection committee Award: Bogdanka Poznanović Award - Digital diploma + publicity
The Bogdanka Poznanović Award is for the best work produced in Serbia.
Publicity: publication and promotion of awarded works in electronic and printed media, as well as on portals and social platforms. The news about the awarded works is sent to over 500 e-mails of local and foreign media.
The selection committee will consider submitted applications and works that meet all the stated formal requirements and general conditions of the competition, according to the following criteria and method of selection:
- quality, originality, authenticity of theme, content and form
- substantive and/or formal innovation of the work
- experimentalism and questioning of the environment and standard norms
- use of new technologies in work and/or presentation
- interaction and impact on the individual and society
- professional and technical capacities required for the presentation of work
- economy and facilitated transportation of equipment and work